Sunday, May 30, 2010

Full Scale Lab 1

NMC Lab 26
**********

Today I did my serious full scale lab. Its was lab 26 of NMC. I dint do the troubleshooting part of it though.

It took me 4.5 hours to finish up the whole lab.

The lab was pretty straight forward & easy. I was able to comfortably go through the lab. They did get me thinking at one stage. I did refer to the answer key then I go going.

L2:

Pretty Straightforward no twisting the tasks. Breezed through it without any problems. Total time taken was 30mins. It was pretty basic.

Routing:

Interesting yet simple portion of it. Configured everything as per requirement & got the whole IGP working.

BGP was also pretty simple except for a task that i was a little confused eventually a later part of the lab had the solution.

Redistribution was not much of a challenge but yes for a basic lab we can see how the routes are being share with each other.

IPv6:

My favorite section !! was interesting ! had only bgp & no IGP. I breezed through this section also. I got a link layer address assignment wrong apart from that it was a cake walk.

QOS & Multicast:

Nothing much here. Simple & straightforward got them working in no time.

OTHERS:

For a basic lab it was good. Gave me a good deal of confidence to start off the labs in full flow.


Learning:

Felt a bit lazy to draw diagrams today that gave me a bit of confusion.
Dint make a task table which had me look at the answer key.
I would rate myself 85% for the lab.


OVERALL:

Simple lab with simple tasks. Enjoyed the 4+ hours I spent working through them. Although a bit stiff while starting my confidence is up & I look forward to get going with the other labs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top 7 popular posts on cciedash !